analytics

October 11, 2011

Rusty Frigidaire Stainless Steel Refrigerator

Updated: 10/12/11
My husband just called me to let me know the good news!

Frigidaire IS standing by their products.

He got a call from someone in customer service and they are going to make this problem better for us. Thank goodness!


We loved our new appliances when we got them.

IMG_5169
Frigidaire Refrigerator


Frigidaire Gas Stove and Oven

After tons of research on brands to buy (Consumer Reports, Lowes reviews, etc), we decided on Frigidaire. We ordered one I loved, but when it arrived it was too tall for our vintage kitchen! We had to special order one from Lowes and it took a week a get here (keeping our baby's milk in a cooler while we waited). It is the Frigidaire 14.8 CF top freezer refrigerator in stainless steel (energy star) Item #: 358746 | Model #: FFHT1513LS (granted, the model number in our fridge is different than this one, but this is what we ordered from Lowes).

Since we went stainless steel on the fridge, we bought a tiny 18" dishwasher and had it installed (we had a handyman and plumber come and cut the cabinet and install it).



The price to install it was hefty, but well worth the time and energy of doing dishes by hand (and the counter space of drying them). I wanted a full sized dishwasher, but we would really be compromising the vintage kitchen, so we went 18" and it isn't too bad.


About three months ago we started noticing rust spots on our fridge. Almost as if the "brushed" areas were rusting between them. We had just moved everything in the office around and couldn't find the receipt from Lowes, so we put it off until now (3 months later).







We called Lowes and they said to put "touch up paint" on it. I scoffed at the idea. We just bought an APPLIANCE and it is faulty! When I questioned the quality of the product (six months old and rusting?) they said it was because I live in San Francisco and it is foggy here. Seriously? It's not like I bought it in Arizona and had it shipped, I bought it at the San Francisco store!

They directed us to call Frigidaire. I put my husband on it, since I had to work, and he called only to find out that they were not willing to do anything because rust is not covered in the warranty.

We're not giving up and their customer service road blocks are SO not going to work on us.

If you are considering buying a Frigidaire refrigerator, don't. Even if it IS just that ours is a lemon, their customer service is so bad, I wouldn't trust any other problems to get fixed.

I'll let you know what happens, but I have to do what I can so other people don't make the same mistake! My question now is what brands won't have this problem?


Updated: 10/12/11
My husband just called me to let me know the good news!

Frigidaire IS standing by their products.

He got a call from someone in customer service and they are going to make this problem better for us. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment