analytics

October 10, 2011

Hanging Family Portaits

This might seem really strange.  But I sort of think hanging family portraits looks cheesy.

I love my family and I LOVE our family portraits, but I couldn't figure out where to put them in our house.

Since we are all in our house, why would WE need pictures of OURSELVES to look at?

So, I finally figured out a non-offensive, non-cheesy way to deal with it, and I'm pretty happy with it.



They don't shout "Here we are!  Aren't WE pretty!" like a big over-the-fireplace portrait would.

They are a little high because the boy likes to pull things off the wall.  He loves them and about once an hour goes over and points up and says, "TT, see!?"

And I think it looks pretty good.  I tried hanging the 8 x 10s without matting, but it looked horrible, so I chose some 5 x 7s and used the matting in the 8 x 10 frames, and I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment