analytics

October 14, 2011

Making a Raised Bed out of Free Scrap Wood

Rather than trolling craigslist for stuff to buy, I watch for free stuff now. There was a posting for free redwood lumber, so I sent Bubbs over to pick some up.

He only came back with two pieces, but he really helped the backyard!

This is our one "unbricked" section of patio:


The dirt overflows and when you water and makes a huge mess!

So, in about 2 hours yesterday, with a saw and some screws, Bubbs made me a raised bed!



Should I paint it to add to the colorful yard or leave it shabby chic?


Other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. The raised bed looks so much nicer!
    In answer to your question if you should paint it... I feel that added color is added fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bubbs was thrilled to get a compliment on his handiwork!

    I'm in agreement on the color! We have some yellow hanging around, so it might just get a makeover shortly!

    ReplyDelete