analytics

February 27, 2012

Hardwood Floors schmardwood floors

Now that my kitchen is magically beautiful, there are a few things that need to be done.

The beige-y formica retro table is cool, but doesn't go with the white/grey new kitchen.

The beige-y vinyl floor is 1) ugly 2) in bad shape 3) has huge gaps in places because of the removal of "wallotile."



See? They just don't go.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the table, but we know we want to extend the hardwood that is throughout the house into the kitchen.

Our "contractor" (in quotes because he is super lame) said his guy would do it for $8 per square foot. So for 80 square feet, it would be around $600 bucks. Which is AWESOME.

I had the neighborhood guy come by today while I waited for a call back from "contractor's" friend.

His quote was $1300 (plus $200 for demo). I asked him what that was per square foot. He told me he couldn't get me a quote for that because the job was so small he just charged the minimum.

For $16/sf I want SOLID GOLD floors.

Pishaw.

Hopefully the contractor's recommendation comes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment