Last night was our team meeting with our midwives. They all came over to our house, checked our supplies (we have to order a lot of supplies to have ready, along with preparing other things like coconut water, towels, sheets, etc), and we talked about our plan for when the baby comes.
I am a very internal birther. It might have been because my last labor was so short, but I'm pretty sure it is also just who I am :)
This is the same team that cared for us while I was having T, so they have some experience. I cursed out one midwife and actually slapped the other - I'm actually quite surprised they took me back :)
They joked a bit about how I'm a fire breathing dragon :) I'm so grateful for my midwife team.
My instructions to my midwives (and husband and mother) were simple:
- Don't touch me unless you need to for medical reasons
- Don't talk to me unless for medical reasons or to warn me you are going to touch me
- Keep T out of the house unless he is sleeping - no matter what. If T needs comfort, I'd rather have Bubbs leave me than have T come into a room I'm in while I'm laboring. If T is scared, offer to turn on Sesame Street - I'm sure he'll be fine after that :)
- No internal checks if we can avoid it
- If you have to talk to me, speak loudly and clearly - don't whisper or be gentle.
Bubbs and I have a babymoon this weekend - the plan is to eat well and float in warm water all day long. Can't wait.
This was a pic from 34 weeks. I'm giant now. This is the one pic we have of my pregnant belly :)