analytics

April 12, 2012

Changing up a lamp shade

We bought some lamps at our favorite junk store. I thought they would be easy to fix up and would look great in the rumpus room.

They appeared to have plaster bases that are formed to look like wood and painted brown.

The chips look horrible because they are clearly white and not just rustic brown.

Untitled

The tops were groovy, but a little destroyed, ripped, and stained
Untitled

So I found some fabric scraps at the local store for $1.00 a yard. I thought it was appropriately mid century.

It was ALL wrong.

I hated it.

It was too thick so it didn't pleat right, it was just big and ugly.

Untitled

So, I fixed it.

Untitled
Untitled

We have two and the fix really makes the rumpus room WAY better.

This is my office now - we originally built it for Bubbs, but he's since gotten himself an office job, so mama's takin' over.

Untitled

Next we have to figure out where I put my desk...

No comments:

Post a Comment