analytics

November 13, 2010

I've been a mama for 4 months now and hadn't really felt like a "mom" until last night.

I care for him, I love him to death, I wipe his butt, snork out his boogers, let him destroy my body, and I'd give anything for him, but I didn't feel like a mom.

I left him with his grandma aka bunni (with a heart over the 'i'). I knew that if he woke up, she could make it better. Usually, though, once I nurse him to sleep, he's good until 12:30 or so.

When we got there, he was awake and bunnz was making light of the fact that he'd been crying for an hour. I picked him up and he COVERED me with open mouthed drool soaked baby kisses. All over my face, my cheeks, my chin, my mouth. He grabbed my hair and slobbered all over me.

I handed him to his dad and he whimpered, so I took him back and he continued.

My boy knew me. He knew I was gone and he needed his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment