analytics

October 5, 2010

First Rollover

We were sitting on the dock on Leonard Lake last weekend and Turner was naked and happy on his back when he rolled over for the first time. I was totally a proud papa cheering him on and throwing my hands up in the air when he finally realized that he could free the arm that was blocking him by arching his back and lifting his head up--ending up in a beautiful cobra pose.

I must admit that after being gone so many days where I come home in the evening and he's already asleep, part of my thrill was that I was there to see it. What surprised me the most was how I'd been watching all his separate moves--learning to lift his head up when he's on his belly, kick a leg over when he's on his back, etc.--and to see them all come together into one amazing back to belly roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment