analytics

November 4, 2013

Meal Planning

Seriously, I have so much going on right now.

We're in the final month of our riverhouse being complete - which means scrambling to get things lined up and purchased and delivered and finding all that money to actually pay for it :)

I'm doing a lot of personal growth work.  I feel like it is really important and is helping with that general overall "I'm totally overwhelmed with life, two kids, working, keeping the house up" feeling - that I'm sure a lot of people have, but was killing me.

I tore up the kitchen floor thinking it would be a nice, cheap, groovy redo (I wanted to paint it a fun color), only to find aspestos tile underneath.  We just paid insane amounts of money to remove the aspestos from the river house so I knew my project was no longer cheap.  So now we have no kitchen floor and are waiting for our delivery of pretty, but responsible vinyl tile floating floor (in a slatey look - which I'm sure I'll regret b/c it is so dark it will show everything - but I think I have that thinking of people who get dogs because it will "make" them walk everyday - will a dirty floor make me sweep everyday?).

Our dishwasher is broken and come to find out even though it says Kenmore, it is actually made by frigidaire.  Yup - same as our CRAPPY fridge.  Oh yeah, that new fridge we got a year ago.  Crapped out.  This is our second frigidaire that has completely crapped out on us.  Not happy.

Oh, and I'm starting a school.  I think.

But, since I'm so crazy busy with my job too - we've been eating out WAY too much.  So much that I'm not even enjoying it anymore.  Plus, we are going to be on a VERY tight budget so last minute eating out just won't cut it.  I need to stop carrying my credit card around (I have the number memorized though).  So I decided to go back to basics.

Here's my plan for this week.  You'll notice there isn't much that is "mixed" and that we have rice (a mixed brown rice) every meal. This is making this accessible for the three year old - he's a bit picky.  We also know our two boys have dairy allergies, so this is all dairy free.

Monday: Kale, White Bean, Kielbasa Soup - separate parts for TT and the Baby, Rice.

Tuesday: Rice, Beans, Cornbread, Salad, Broccoli
Wednesday: Pumpkin Whole Grain Waffles, Turkey Bacon, Melon

Thursday: Broccoli with Cashews, Marinated Chicken Breast, Rice

Friday: Roasted Chicken, Roasted Squash, Broccoli, Roasted Potatoes or Rice

The boys leave for a trip on Friday - so I'll use the weekend to make a stock for next week's soup!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment