analytics

January 21, 2011

Moving

It looks like we're moving. This makes me so happy and so sad. I love our apartment and its views of golden gate park out the front and presidio out the back. I love all that we have done to transform it from a pit to a home that reflects us and is a retreat from the nasty world. I love my window seat "the happy place." It breaks my heart to leave the home that Turner was born in (literally, born in the back bedroom).

Our new house is in a little worse location, it is a bit smaller (but with a way better layout), and it has hideous pink tile all over the bathroom. But it will be ours. We'll own it. And Turner's grandma (bunni) is moving in upstairs. It'll be dreamy.

I can't wait to slowly pick pieces that fit our whole family. Our current apartment is not set up for babies and kids. We have hardwood sofas, not a lot of floor space, and steep death stairs. Slowly but surely we'll make this place our home...

It is literally four houses down from the one I was born in and lived in till I was 5. Which means T will be playing at the same park I did. Which is the sweetest thing I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment