analytics

August 15, 2012

Waiting

To hear about our disaster.  Offer went in on Sunday - supposed to hear today or tomorrow.

I can't plan the decor at this point beacuse I don't want to be horribly dissapointed again.

Meantime - we had an amazing Unconditional Parenting moment yesterday.

According to the UP theory, insisting that a child apologize doesn't teach them anything.  We have to teach them empathy (by modeling it) and then the desire to apologize is natural.

We have never made my son (2) apologize but yesterday he was being a little bratty  to his dad (refusing to help clean up, which he usually loves) and his dad was getting worked up and forgetting his Unconditional Parenting skills - I thought they could both use a little extra connection to bring them back down to earth. 

I asked T to give his dad a hug and a kiss - before he did, he grabbed his cheeks, looked him in the eye, and said, "I'm sorry, Daddy." 

It was a pretty good indication that modeling that behavior works!

Proud mama moment :)

*Oh - and once they connected again - clean up happened and all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment